Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What I'm doing instead of writing...

1. Raising the 5 month old.
2. Obsessing about weight gain.
3. Coping with sleep deprivation.
4. Eating too much.
5. Being scared all the time.
6. Pining for alcohol.
7. Grinding my teeth.
8. Despising friends who stay out late.
9. Obsessing about death.
10. Eating all the time.
11. Obsessing about movies, plays, books, podcasts, New Yorkers, emails, phone calls, Rosetta Stone language lessons, musical instruments, or major life decisions that I haven't watched, read, listened to, returned, practiced, or contemplated.
12. Washing dishes.

But a moment about what I have done or am doing, inspired by Steven Soderbergh's list of things from Studio 360.  This is just to make me feel like I'm "researching" or something.  Something productive.

Book on tape of "The Good Rat" by Jimmy Breslin.
HBO's "Cinema Verite."
Episode One of "An American Family."

Fuck.  That's it.  Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment